How to prepare chin chin in just one hour – Read more
Chin chin is the most widely eaten and widely prepared snack during festive seasons especially on Christmas day. Learn how to prepare chin chin the Nigerian way with this easy steps.
•1kg of All purpose Flour(Plain Flour)
•200g of Margarine
•150 ml whole milk(100ml of evaporated milk / 75ml Condensed milk/70g of powdered milk)
• Half teaspoon of baking powder(optional)
•100g of granulated sugar • Half a teaspoon Salt
•1 teaspoonful of ground nutmeg
•3 raw eggs(optional)
•Water(add bit by bit if you are not using whole milk)
•Vegetable Oil (for frying)
Steps on how to prepare Chin Chin
-If you are using eggs, beat the eggs and set aside.
– Pour the sugar into a small bowl, add the milk and mix thoroughly.
– In a bigger bowl, add the flour, baking powder, salt and nutmeg.Mix well and then add the margarine. Mix thoroughly with your hands until it looks like fine bread crumbs.
– Add the eggs and the milk-sugar mixture into the bowl and mix well until you get a smooth but stiff dough.If you are using powdered milk, you can add a little water to get this consistency.
– Now place the dough on a floured flat surface and knead for a minute, then using a rolling pin, roll the dough flat and cut into any shape of choice. Note that the dough doubles in size when placed in the hot oil.
– Heat up some oil until very hot and fry the Chin Chin dough. Stir continously until all the chin chin changes from white to golden brown.
– Transfer the fried Chin chin onto a flat pan or tray and leave to cool completely, then store in an airtight container.Enjoy! There is no special way to enjoy the Nigerian Chin chin.You can eat it at any time of the day and at any occasions and goes well with a good drink.
Learning how to prepare chin chin has never been must easier. If you follow the steps above, I’m sure you’ll be able to make in chin just fine. If you liked the recipe on how to prepare chin chin, you can also read my next post on how to prepare Nigerian fried rice
Credits: Nigeria food tv